The Textiles Partnership supports its members in setting up or participating in effective complaints mechanisms along their supply chain. The Textiles Partnership as an initiative does not have its own complaints mechanism through which an agreement on how to handle a grievance is reached.
If the Partnership receives information about specific human rights violations and incidents in the supply chain, it will be addressed as followed:
- The Partnership Secretariat informs the affected member and the Steering Committee.
- The member is given the opportunity to submit a response.
- The Steering Committee deals with the case at its next regular meeting and agrees on written reply to both the sender and the member.
- If necessary, the Partnership Secretariat assists in coordinating an initial exchange between the parties concerned as well as identifying possible external partners (e.g. alternative complaints procedures and/or dispute resolution options).
- The Partnership Secretariat repeatedly enquires from the member which results have been reached and if the case has been resolved. Depending on how the case develops, the Steering Committee may take up the case again.
Information can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information on grievance mechanisms can be found on the page on due diligencewhere you can also download an infopaper.